A rift in the ground has opened up releasing all manner of strange monsters into the lands near the Digsite. A sorrowful mother waits at the top of the rift for her long lost son, who has been missing for 25 years. You can journey down into the rift for an adventure full of twisted monsters all created from the mind of a young boy driven to madness through incarceration.
Beware: This is a combat heavy quest, so prepare before you venture down.
None, but a good knowledge of combat is recommended.
Items Needed at Quest Start:
It is suggested to bring a good Ranged or Magic armor and a weapon to make the steps which involves combat much easier. Any armor or weapon will work regardless if you’re a high level player.
Items Needed to Complete Quest:
Items Recommended for Quest:
Antipoison and Food.
Items Acquired During Quest:
Anger battleaxe, Anger mace, Anger spear, and Anger sword.
500 Defence XP, 500 Constitution XP, 500 Coins, access to the Dungeon of Tolna and 2 free keys for Treasure Hunter.
Rift entrance, northwest of the Digsite.
Talk to Launa.
- Speak with Launa northwest of the Digsite and agree to help search for her son and husband.
- Climb down the rift using the rope attached to it. You will find yourself in the Rage Room. Take a weapon off the rack and wield it. You can change weapons at any point.
- Remove all of your gear and only wield the anger weapon. Each weapon kills a certain monster. Kill monsters to get your rage level up. Once your rage level is full, you will see a cut scene of the past about how Tolna left Launa. When it is over, go through the exit to reach the Fear room.
Note: You do not have to kill each one of the creatures listed below, you can kill the same one to increase your rage level.
Weapon NameMonster NameSwordAngry unicornSpearAngry bearMaceAngry ratBattleaxeAngry goblin
- Once inside the Fear room, you must search “look-in to” each dark hole. Fear reapers (level 54) will appear. You need to kill these monsters until your character is no longer scared and the black hole will light up. Once the black hole lights up, enter the hole, a cutscene will play, and you will enter the Confused room.
- In this room are a number of Confusion beasts (level 56). Only one of them is real, the rest are just hallucinations. Attack them until you find one you can actually hit. All the others will take 0’s until the eighth hit, then they will disappear. Once you kill the real one, a door will disappear. Continue killing them until only one door remains. When you’ve killed the last one you will see another cut scene.
Note: If you die in this room, all the doors will be reset and you will have to complete it again.
- Go through the door and you will end up in the Hopeless Room. Kill each Hopeless creature (level 50). Each one must be defeated 3 times to make them really die. Once you have killed them all a hope bridge will appear. Cross over it and use the exit.
- You will see a short cut scene where Tolna speaks to the monster, and then you must prepare to fight Tolna. It is advised to fight using Range or Magic style rather than Melee – which will allow all three heads to attack you simultaneously and have the ability to poison you. Kill each of his three level 53 heads and Tolna will become human again.
- Talk to Tolna and you will appear on the surface. Talk to Tolna once more to complete the quest.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!